Monday, July 27, 2009

Crows Hold a Grudge


    Colossians 3:13

    Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.(NIV)



On the way to Burlington VT to see some great friends on Sunday, I heard a story teaser that will appear on NPR today.


I had a great ride to Burlington.


More about this later this week. Something intrigued me about this story...



SEATTLE – Researchers at the University of Washington are proving crows are smarter than most people think. They may actually be able to recognize individual people and hold a grudge against them.

A year-and-a-half ago, UW researchers wore a caveman mask when they captured, tagged and released seven crows. Since then, they have taken regular strolls through campus.

Professor John Marzloff starts the experiment by walking around without the mask in plain view. The crows in the area seem to pay no attention to him.

But, once he slips on the mask and retraces his route, the crows start chattering. After a few steps, the crows begin scolding him. If he takes the mask off – nothing.


Crows remember and hold a grudge!


Wow!


Do I know alot of people who are like crows.


What is it about forgiveness that is so hard? I think it is the ability of humans, no matter what their position before God, to expect they are owed something in this life.

Something I have been learning each day is how much I am not owed anything and "how much" I need to rely on God for what he does in my life. Life's joys and contentment come from the most unlikely places and people. Life is too short to hold grudges and anger towards other people. Not only is it spiritually unhealthy, physically it eats away at people. Grudges are not good for people!


Don't be a Crow!

Lord, take away any traces of anger or ill thoughts I may have against others. Free me from all the junk that surrounds the entrapment and imprisonment of holding a grudge. Don't make me a crow while on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: