Thursday, December 10, 2009


“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."






Once in awhile I come across a quote that really strikes a chord with me. This quote has been hanging around my computer for a long time.

As I started to really examine who I was on the Adventure in Middle Grove, I came up with a few principles and conclusions .

“What do I want from life?” I asked myself.

“Well…I want to be happy.” I had many reasons to be happy:

I had three beautiful daughters;
I was doing what I wanted to do in life;
I was living in one of the best places in the US;
I had many great friends;
I had my health;
I was meeting some great people

but there were a few things I did not have conclusions for...

Did I really know myself? Not just on a superficial level but on a deep level transcending the shell of my person.

Learning to know myself in a deeper way allowed me to really put things in perspective as to who I wanted to be and how was I going to be happy in life.

It was a tough but refreshing experience to know myself better and to seek a life of "happiness"

Some people assume happiness is mostly a matter of inborn temperament: You’re born an Eeyore or a Tigger, and that’s that. Although it’s true that genetics play a big role, much of your happiness level is within your control. Taking time to reflect, and making conscious steps to make your life happier, really does work.

So, today,

SEEK HAPPINESS as I will on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: