Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hockey Tuesday- From Champ to Chump and Back


Psalm 31:24 (The Message)

24 Be brave. Be strong. Don't give up.
Expect God to get here soon




It's Hockey Tuesday...

Must be a story in that!

Last night the ice was perfect. For my non hockey friends, you probably don't care but for my hockey friends, you know how that feels. I play in the Glens Falls Civic Center, Home of the Adirondack Phantoms of the AHL. It is a great rink to play in as it is a small facility with a big league feel.

Not even close to any league for me !

Playing goal needs a huge belief in your abilities and skill. The one thing in hockey is as a goalie, I will get scored on no matter what. It will eventually happen.

Playing games is fun but I admit, I do make a mistake occasionally. Last night I had a puck get whacked and it wentup in the air and I "lost it in the lights", went over my head and in to the net.

This was a chump time

Later in the game, I stopped a breakaway and the rebound came out front to an open net and jumped back, on my back, and stopped the puck with a swiping motion away from the net.

This was champ time!

It is a good thing God does not look at me by how I make a save in life or let one go by. He is with me whether or not its in the glove or in the back of the net on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: