Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas


Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.


1 John 4:7




Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.


-- 1 John 4:8



This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and
sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.


-- 1 John 4:10



Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one
another.

-- 1 John 4:11




No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives
in us and his love is made complete in us.


-- 1 John 4:12



And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love.
Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.


-- 1 John 4:16



In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have
confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are
like him.


-- 1 John 4:17



There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not
made perfect in love.


-- 1 John 4:18



If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a
liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen,
cannot love God, whom he has not seen.


-- 1 John 4:20


As we are only a few weeks away from Christmas, many hearts and minds are turned to family, friends and good times together. This takes work. This is a good time for remembering a special person or persons as we approach Christmas. Too many times Christmas is thought of as a "getting" season not a "giving" season. As I looked at what real love is over the past few months, God opened my eyes to the real source of love. I knew God loved me but I really did not absorb the immensity of his love and what this love means for the other relationships in my life.





My heart needs to be filled with the love of God!




All other "feelings" of love need to emanate from my heart filled with the love and the spirit of God has he continues to work in me. Love is a feeling, but God loves me, whether I have the feeling of love or it is missing.





I can love when the love is not returned,

I can love when I feel unlovable

I can love when I don't see a path to love



God's love has changed me. His love is not only a gift to me, but it is a gift through me.



Thank you for the power to love others. Thank you for the confidence your love gives me.


You have done so much to save me and love me in spite of me.



Thank you for loving friends

Thank you for loving family

Thank you for waiting on love




Thank you for your loving grace today as I do feel your love and the love of others on the path as the Adventure in Middle Grove winds through life.

No comments: