Sunday, December 20, 2009

Light in a Dark World


 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Romans 12:16


I really started to follow what is said about me in relationship to others and how should I be as a person awhile ago . How do I do what is right in the eyes of everybody? How can I truly be someone who is a giver of encouragement and hope.

"Live in Harmony with one another"

...not a term I heard much of today. I believe this is for people who need to really look at themselves and see who we need to love together as brothers and sisters in this adopted family God has created. This was also written to the Romans who were very independent people and needed to heard what it meant to be a believer in this new faith and how we need to be like a family where we strive to live together in harmony with each other.

I need to also consider people who "low in position" I think this is all of us! We are all made lower than God therefore I need to be aware that my self- righteousness and view of myself, without God would tend to not be willing to associate with people in low position. We are all in low position so I guess I am part of the crowd again!

"Don't be conceited!" That's a command for someone else, right? I don't think I've ever met someone who felt he or she was conceited. But, when we're looking for someone with whom we want to associate, we seldom look for someone ignored by the crowd, forgotten by the pretty people, and easily overlooked by others. We want to "hang around with" those who are important, who are superstars, or at least who carry some clout. We believe we deserve to be noticed and valued, too. Oops, guess that's where the commands in this verse come from!

Don't be conceited

Don't be proud

Live in harmony


Please help me to continue to see those who are less fortunate in spirit and position so I might be a light in a dark world where harmony and peace seem like a distance thought never to be approached or attained. Help me to be more like you every day as I continue the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: