Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Better than yourself




Do nothing our of selfish ambition or vain conceit , but in humility consider others better than yourself.




This must be something I need to live by if the Philippians verse is to really be part of my soul as I interact daily with my friends, family and people in general.

What I really want to know is do I consider myself part of the "everybody" Do I act in a manner that is right in the eyes of not only everybody but in the eyes of God.

As I mediate on this, I am drawn to a familiar song that gives me the insight in to what God is saying here for me to be a part of the "everybody" mentioned in this passage

I need to continually open the eyes of my heart so I may see what is right and honorable. If I do not do this, what I am looking at is through filters that cloud my sight. I need to continually go before God and ask him to let me see things through eyes that are guided by him so I do not put my spin or my prejudices, or my shortcomings as I try to to "do what is right" I need to come before the Lord and ask him to open the eyes of MY heart first and then I can do what is right in the eyes of the Lord, not my eyes.

That's how Jesus lived!

He sought to make a difference in the lives of others. His goal wasn't getting even, getting what was rightfully his, or even winning the arguments, God won the arguments! His focus was to interact with people and to leave them more blessed than where he found them.Even if he was telling them something about their person or about sin in their life. Jesus sought to make a difference and keep peace. He spoke the truth.


Forgive me, God, for the grudges I've harbored and the evil things I've thought about others. The times when I have look at people through my eyes and not the eyes guided by you. Help me be a part of the "everybody" so I may live with peace and your watchful care as I continue living the Adventure in Middle Grove. Help me to see and to value them as Jesus does.

Open the Eyes of MY HEART

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Fz1rviXFU


No comments: