Monday, December 7, 2009

Y M C A



If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks. Ecclesiastes 10:18


Going to the Y this weekend on top of coaching hockey and hiking.... I am beat!

Laziness is not just an attitude, it is a lack of action. It is a choice to let important matters suffer neglect. While the results of this choice may not always be evident, over the passage of time, the basic results of idleness are demonstrated by the accumulating signs of decay and destruction. I really try to exercise in many different ways. It is hard to find the time to do it and I have to be creative or it does not happen. This is the same with our spiritual health. If we do not "exercise" our spirits, we will suffer also. Whether it is physical exercise or spiritual exercise, they both are good for body and spirit.
Don't let your rafters sag! It is an ugly sight! Stir in me, a passion to do what is true and good and righteous. Convict my heart when I neglect what is important. Please help me discern the difference between laziness and a genuine need for rest and to balance my life between my many responsibilities.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Thanks for your choice of topic as I am having a hard time getting going this week on those things I should get done!