Monday, October 12, 2009

Working in the Mill


"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people."
Colossians 3:23



Today is a day off for many people, including me. Sometimes being a government worker is a good thing!

One of the things I see at work every day is people who really hate their jobs. I do not know how they get up every day and have for 30 years. All they do is complain about things they have no control over. I am in the business of serving the people, many of my co-workers would say,their jobs would be great if it wasn't for the people!

I really love my job and the people who work for me. We have a great team with a great attitude to do what is needed to get the job done. ( By the way... they are all union employees )

I would like to think that my attitude of service and going beyond what is needed has makes an impact in their work. We have fun at work and heard an interesting comment from someone who was coming to our building. She said, I come over to your office because everyone is always happy. I don't know if I would go that far but we do have a good time and like what we do.

I look at work as an extension of my faith and God is honored when I do a good job and my group is going beyond ordinary.

Lord, continue to guide me in my work as I look to work for you on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: