Saturday, October 31, 2009

Compassion

Luke 7:13

When the Lord saw her, his heart overflowed with compassion. “Don’t cry!”

Back to the character of Jesus and what can I learn from the situation.

Jesus was following a funeral process of a widow's young son. This probably was significant since she was along and now her only son who some day would provide for her was now dead.

Jesus approached the procession and saw the grief of the widow and he heart overflowed and he had compassion on her ans said."don't cry"

He then proceed to the coffin of the young man and touch the coffin and said to the young man, "get up"

I would probably got tot he funeral and said, "What can I do here?" How can I fix this.
I would not have had it in the right order.

Jesus did. He first showed compassion and them took care of the situation. Compassion and connection with people is what drove the motivation of Jesus. The fixing of things was just as important, but secondary to the compassion he showed his people.

Lord, help me be a person of compassion and live as you mold me in to the person you want me to be for YOU.

"God visits his people on this day and for days to come showing compassion and love on the Adventure in Middle Grove"

No comments: