Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fruit of Fall


"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5, NLT



Sorry for the lateness today....

I am at a conference and I had to do 2 presentations today. One of them involved a live demo which we needed to make sure everything really worked.

I am in Watkins Glen in the Finger Lakes of NY. What a spot.

This is a beautiful hotel at the end of the lake.

One of the more attractive places I have stayed.

It is worth a look.

http://www.watkinsglenharborhotel.com/

Could not afford this during the year. Watkins Glen is a world class race track and when racing season is on the hotel is completely fill with people who pay alot of money for rooms!

The other thing the area is know for is grapes. There are over 50 large vineyards in Schuyler County.

I thought it appropriate to look at what the vine and the branches mean and how important connection to the root ( Jesus) and the vine ( his people) is in the grand scheme of life.

If you are growing grapes, the farther away the vine is from the branches, the less nourishment it gets. ...Hence, small grapes. This is why people are in the vineyards in the cold of winter, pruning the vine.

It needs to be close to the root to produce good fruit.


Lord, continue you prune my vine so I may be close to the root today on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

Rick

No comments: