Friday, October 23, 2009

Dawn


Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious
and compassionate and righteous man.

Psalm 112:4




Today I am sitting on the shores of Lake George as the sun tries to push through the clouds of fall. The 74 degree day of yesterday has degraded to 37 of this morning. Dawn still arrives, clouds or no clouds.


What a powerful promise! Just as night passes into dawn, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous, dawn comes even in the worst nights of deep spiritual darkness. The Holy Spirit is reminding me that even in those worst times of ym depression and dismay, Satan's darkness will not rule forever. His darkness cannot stay where Jesus' disciples reflect the character of the
Light of the world. God is always light, never dark. Jesus is the light that God sent to the earth to save us, sinners. I need to look at the dawn of a new day and not look back on the darkness of the night behind. I need to follow the light of God.

Lord, help me to shine your light of holiness and Jesus' light of hope to those trapped in darkness. O God, please forgive my sinful failures. Please cleanse me and create a pure heart in me. I don't want to dim or to diminish your light as it shines through me. Help me so that I can more perfectly shine your light to those around me on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: