Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let's Party!


"The king was very angry. The king sent his army to kill those people that killed his servants. And the army burned their city. After that, the king said to his servants, 'The wedding feast is ready. I invited those people, but they were not good enough to come to my feast. So go to the street corners and invite all the people you see. Tell them to come to my feast.' So the servants went into the streets. They gathered all the people they could find. The servants brought good people and bad people to the place where the wedding feast was ready. And that place was filled with people."

Matthew 22:7-10



Tough start to a party!

God wants to throw a party! So there will be a party!! Just because many people refuse God and do not accept his invitation does not mean he will forget those who have paid the price to come to the banquet. Not only will he reward them, but he is absolutely determined to fill his hall with thankful and rejoicing guests. But he will also deal harshly with those who have dealt harshly with his servants and who have not only spurned his invitation, but been merciless to his beloved children.Yesterday was a day of reflection and meditation on the thoughts in this verse. I am looking forward to the party to meet Rick again.



Lord, I do look forward to the day when all that I hold dear is proved true. While I care those who will not know your salvation, I long for the day when those who have honored Jesus as Lord and have received your grace will get to share in his glory. Until then, I will keep moving on the path on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: