Thursday, October 15, 2009

Being Good


Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
-- Galatians 6:10



I need to be a person who does good deeds! When God gives me the opportunity, I need take it! Not take it so I get accolades or credit. Just to do it because God has touched my heart and I want to share a little bit of his love and compassion with someone else.


The second part of this verse is something where I am benefiting, directly.
I have a small group of friends, near and far who are a blessing far more than they even know.

They are a source of comfort when I need a shoulder to cry on

A source of wisdom when I am stupid

A source of strength when I am weak


A source of encouragement when I am discouraged


A source of love, when I feel unloved
A source of care when I need caring


And...

Always a source of friendship, no matter what the situation.

As fellow believers, they are living out the charge in Galatians. The Bible is not just a dead book. It is a living document that seeks and challenges me to put in to action what is said on the pages. My friends are a living example of what this means! My life would not be the same if I did not have the friends who-

"do good for one of the family of believers"

I thank God each day for their testimony of grace and mercy and how they "do good"


Only you are truly good, Father, but I pray that some of that goodness may be seen in me as I serve you today, this week, and until the time the Savior returns for me in glory. Help me to be aware the opportunities that you give me to do good. Most importantly, thank you for friends who know you and how you are using them to minister to me in many different ways as the Adventure in Middle Grove continues...

No comments: