Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Slippery Conditions


If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 37:23-24




If life is a race, I have hit many speed bumps on the track and ice as I edge towards the finish line. I don't know about you, but I've stumbled my way through much of life. I've tripped at some of the most embarrassing moments. I've stumbled over my own feet, shoelaces, curbs, and just thin air both spiritually and physically. Just a few weeks ago, I came out of the dressing room on hockey night , came out of the tunnel in to the bright lights of the 5,000 seat arena. I confidently jumped on the ice and fell right on my butt. The very next night while coaching my team, I went over to show a drill and stepped on a puck and went down flat on my back! Still feeling the effects of this one. Also, remember I coach a woman's team so I fell in front of the 13 women on my team. They didn't laugh too hard, when they saw I was in pain!

However, I am confident that in my spiritual life, even though I have stumbled from time to time, God has not let me completely fall. When I think I'm going to plunge into the depths of the abyss, I feel the love, care, and concern from all my friends. God is there in times of trial. He is with me on the journey.


Thank you for your steadying influence in my life. Thank you for lifting me when I have been down, protecting me when I have been vulnerable, and comforting me when I have been broken.
Thank you for family and some great friends as I stumble on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: