Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mighty to Save


The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.



Zephaniah 3:17



Last night I had my Monday night beating. I played hockey with the "over 30"group last night. Some nights are good, some not so good. I had about 60 shots last night. There were flurries of 4 and 5 shots at a time. I did OK but I finally succumbed to the barrage. I don't know where my team was! I also had a few shots that scored because I was exhausted and was not concentrating. Sometimes I could make the save, some times I was fairly useless.

Good thing God is not like that!

God is with me!

All the time.

That's the great message of the story of Jesus (Matt. 1:23). That's the message of hope Zephaniah gives the defeated people of God. God is with me. He is mighty to save. He loves me. He delights in me. He stills the storms of my heart with his loving touch. He sings songs of joy. God longs to be close to me and invites me to draw near.


Father, strengthen my resolve as seek to draw near to you. I want to experience your presence and to be used as your tool of grace in the lives of others. I need your presence to settle the noise of my soul. Thank you for being near on the Adventure in Middle Grove.

No comments: