Friday, November 13, 2009

Don't Stumble


Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.
Romans 14:13


A few weeks ago,I went hiking with a friend to hike up Hadley Mountain. If you are not from the area, Hadley Mountain is a short steep climb with a restored fire tower at the top. It has spectacular views of the Adirondacks.The trail is a road washout from years of neglect. The trail is full of rocks and is slippery. If you are not careful while walking, you will hit one of the out cropping rocks.

The stumbling block or rock!

It is so easy to be judgmental of others. I don't know their struggles. I don't know their situation. Most of all, I don't know their hearts. When I am judgmental, I erect a barrier
between others and myself. It is easy to spread that judgmental impression to others in gossip. My stubbornness to only view them with a judgmental spirit erects a barrier, a stumbling block, which can cause them to become discouraged and stumble.

Please be with my attitude toward others. Help me be more patient with the failures of others, just as you are patient with mine. Forgive me for not being more of an encouragement to those who are weak and struggling. Forgive me for sometimes being a hindrance to others. Please use me to be a blessing to others on the Adventure in Middle Grove

No comments: