Thursday, September 25, 2008

POWER AND LOVE

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:6-7

Some times I think that God gave me the spirit of love and Power and it was my own doing. I think the 3rd one is the telling attribute of what God gives me if I really rely on him. He gives me the self-discipline to use the first two gifts. It is the self discipline that really makes me aware that if these gifts do not come from him then there will be no self discipline. Self-discipline is something hard to see. Power and Love are very visible things others can see. Self-discipline is something that really cannot be seen by others, In order for it to happen, I must have the spirit of God in me.

God wants me to have the

The Spirit of


LOVE

POWER


But what he really wants me to exercise is the Power of Self-discipline so I know whatever ever I do I am doing with his goal in mind, NOT MINE!


Lord,

Give me a spirit of self-discipline so I may better minister in your name and really feel the power of your spirit.

No comments: