Sunday, September 7, 2008

Maintaining Joy

Verses for meditation and memorization this week.

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you

(John 15:10-12 NIV).


If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves

(Philippians 2:1-3)

When I surrender my will to His, get rid of my ego, sacrifice for the good of others, welcome God's presence into my life, and express my love to others, the Scriptures promise that our joy can be complete. I can experience this by giving my life to Him completely.

Joy is His promise to us

No comments: