Wednesday, September 17, 2008

108 Steps

Each day I walk up 108 steps probably 3-5 times a day. Family court is in our building and many times there are people fighting in the elevator and it can get somewhat dangerous. Also, Probation is on the 2nd floor and has its own set of difficulties.

So, I take the steps, all 108 of them up to the 6th floor. While I am plodding along making my way to the office, I use the opportunity to pray every few steps for concerns in my extended life situations. Some times I just stop and spend a little extra time, praying for a concern or stop to take a rest. God uses this time that would otherwise be wasted thinking about myself.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

No comments: