Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sufficient

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"

(2 Corinthians 12:9).

I become anxious when I am challenged to my limits and beyond.I have even experience anxiety attacks at various times in my life that were very painful and times of complete uncertainty.

Yet the Bible tells me not to be anxious.

Where do I find the antidote for anxiousness?

"Do not be anxious about anything ..." (Philippians 4:6 ).

I figure I must be too weak to be a good Christian because I get scared and I do get frustrated and make myself anxious about not being anxious.

How come I don't have the same absolute certainty about every issue or every aspect of obedience that some claim to have? I must not be good enough, which leads me to be more anxious.

The answer is always simple...

Jesus took on our greatest dilemmas, solved the unsolvable, and brought me God's grace.

Lord, my trust is in you as your grace and love surrounds me.

No comments: