Saturday, October 18, 2008

Choices

VERSE:
He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.
-- Proverbs 10:17



God has given me a circle of influence, a place where my life impacts others for either good or bad. In the same way, I am also influenced by others, some of whom can help me see and overcome MY problems and shortcomings. If I reject or snub discipline and correction, I not only harm myself, but could lead others astray. The choices I make don't determine just my destination; they also greatly impact others! As a leader in my family , my church and my community, I need to come before God every day and ask to be lead by the Spirit who will guide and give wisdom in a Godly direction.


Dear God, please forgive my foolish arrogance and my lazy indifference to your truth and wisdom. I am humbled by the knowledge that you have made my life significant to others. Please empower me to use that influence to gently and humbly lead them in the way of your truth. Use me as you mold me in to who you want me to be in your kingdom.

Use me for the great and the little things in this life that make a difference in people and your kingdom.

No comments: