Saturday, October 25, 2008

FREEDOM?

"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial.
"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.
Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
-- 1 Corinthians 10:23-24



Freedom is a wonderful gift! Freedom in Christ is greater than any other kind of freedom. God entrusts it to me as an individual. But, I don't want to use my freedom to impinge on someone else's freedom.I don't want my liberty to cause others to sin or to lose sight of Christ. So I need to use my freedom wisely and have my freedom in Christ be an example to all those who are around me. I want to make sure in the days ahead that I do not seek my own good but seek the good of others so I can really experience the freedom in Christ because of what he did for me on the cross. That is a freedom that will last an eternity.

No comments: