Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The OK Button

We have an EASY BUTTON at work. It is from Staples and when you press it it says. "That was easy"

I worked out at the YMCA yesterday in the afternoon. I usually go early in the morning so it was a different experience. I was actually awake. I use the time to pray and meditate, and to try to keep going!. While I was on one of the machines, I noticed for the first time an OK button on the display. It doesn't do anything that I have figured out yet but it did have new meaning for me. As I struggled on the Elliptical Machine, I noticed the OK button and concentrated on the button meditating on the thought that I was OK in the eyes of God. I did not need to be someone else. I did not need to have another persona. I did not need the admiration of others. I just needed to know that I was OK just as I was. This does not mean a stagnant person, but a person who is OK in the eyes of God continuing to lean on him for his wisdom, love and grace.

It is a daily battle between good and evil. One that cannot be won on my own power but only through the power of GOD

That is not EASY without him

2 Corinthians 1:3


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort

No comments: