Monday, August 25, 2008

The Acela

Life goes by fast!

I remember riding the Acela from NYC to Washington right after 9/11 because we could not get any flights to Washington. The airport was closed. What I remember is looking out the window where the train reached 150 mph. You could see things going by but could not see any detail. When the train slowed, things again came in to focus. I experienced this lately on "The Fifty" Some days on the way home, I just sit and relax and look out the window. I have seen things, I have never seen after driving the same road for over 25 years.

I guess that is what it as all about in in life as a Christian. I have allowed myself to move to fast, to not look at the details because I couldn't see them. This has resulted in damaged relationships and not allowing the fullness of God to reach the inner most places of my soul.

As I was praying over the last year, one of my favorite songs kept playing in my head.



Open the eyes of my heart, Lord

Open the eyes of my heart

I want to see You

I want to see You

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord

Open the eyes of my heart

I want to see You

I want to see You


It just took a 2x4 in the head to really open my eyes so I could really see the GLORY of God and what we has done for me, how thankful and joyful I should be... because I really do not deserve it. I need to go before him every day and thank him for the relationships in my life and for the need to listen to God and how he wants to me to grow in grace.

God slowed down the train!


No comments: